How do I remove a markup layer?

Jump to solution
04-29-2021 11:02 AM
MattStayner
Occasional Contributor II

I've imported several markup files into my Field Maps app. I want to remove them now. I see how I can turn them off, but how can I completely remove the markup layers from my map?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt, 

I think I know where you are at now, is that screen that first comes up when you select markup in the overflow menu to go into the markup tool? 

If it is then just select any markup layer and that markup layer will become the selected markup layer, and then if you draw anymore markup it will be apart of that markup layer. The layer called "markup" is the default markup layer. Once you select a markup layer you can select the markup layers icon, and then you will see the markup layers screen with the overflow option to delete or rename the markup layers. 

If that doesn't work or you have any more questions please let me know,

Alix

Screenshot_20210429-184624.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt, 

Thanks for your question. In order to remove a markup layer you go into markup mode (in the map select the overflow menu then markup), select the markup layers tool, select the overflow menu beside the layer you would like to delete, and then select delete. 

If you have any other questions I would be happy to answer them,

Alix

Image from iOS (16).png

0 Kudos
MattStayner

Hi Alix,

Are you on iOS, because I don't see that at all? Maybe the Android app doesn't have that update yet?

screenshot.png

0 Kudos
AlixPower
Esri Contributor

Hi Matt, 

I think I know where you are at now, is that screen that first comes up when you select markup in the overflow menu to go into the markup tool? 

If it is then just select any markup layer and that markup layer will become the selected markup layer, and then if you draw anymore markup it will be apart of that markup layer. The layer called "markup" is the default markup layer. Once you select a markup layer you can select the markup layers icon, and then you will see the markup layers screen with the overflow option to delete or rename the markup layers. 

If that doesn't work or you have any more questions please let me know,

Alix

Screenshot_20210429-184624.png

0 Kudos
MattStayner

Alix,

Yes, you're right! I was on the wrong screen. I see the screen you are talking about now and I was able to delete the extra markup layers. Thanks!

Where can I make a request to delete multiple markup layers at once? I had 30 layers to get rid of. That was pretty tedious doing them one at a time. 

Thanks again for your help!

Matt

0 Kudos