Select to view content in your preferred language

Display Names Are Being Cut Off During Collection

08-19-2022 07:49 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good day,

The background:

I have configured a very nice looking form for a field worker to go out and collect some features with. The form is designed so that you could give the mobile device to a relatively untrained person, give them a quick overview about how the app works, and they are able to go out and collect accurate information. To achieve that, I have set up the display name for some of my fields as nice, easy to understand questions (Esri's documentation even does the same thing as an example...).

The problem:

The form works great, HOWEVER, some of my longer questions are being cut off. For example, instead of reading:

"Describe what effect, if any, the seasons may have on the construction site"

I get:

"Describe what effect, if any, the seasons may hav..."

Not exactly conducive to collection...

The technology:

We are currently running ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 and the mobile device in question is a Samsung Galaxy Tab S6. Note: The full display name does not show up after clicking on the question in the form, or if you tilt the screen to landscape.

The ask:

Is anybody else getting the same issue? Is there a solution? Thanks!

2 Replies
TeslaTomislav
New Contributor II

We have the same problem, tested on iOS and works great, and when opened on Android it cuts off Display name. We are using ArcGIS Online. 

0 Kudos
GISJess
New Contributor III

I am also experiencing this on Android. Hopefully they come up with a way to text wrap. 🙂

0 Kudos