ArcGIS Field Maps Sync Error 500

Jump to solution
03-14-2024 09:24 AM
JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

Hi there,

We currently have a few field maps enabled web maps in a specific group in ArcGIS Online. All configured as per Esri documentation but recently all maps have stopped working offline (cannot download offline areas or sync data) with the error message: 'Error in log - Error downloading map: Service error code 500: Unable to create replica. Please check your parameters. Details: Create replica internal error'. It's strange as the maps are configured exactly the same as other maps across our organisation but only these maps in a specific group do not work offline. Any ideas?

Thanks!

Joe

Tags (4)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

I had a support call with Esri and this was down to Field Indexes created from enabling search in Web Experience. Worth checking if you have these in your feature layer and removing them if so

View solution in original post

6 Replies
DanielFox1
Esri Contributor

Hi @JosephHilliard94 

Do you have the same layers referenced in the same project?

Is all your data in the same projection as the basemap? Is your basemap designed to come offline does it need to be sideloaded?

Do you have any custom symbology?

Are you creating offline areas on the fly (from the mobile device) or through the Field Maps Designer?

Have you tried using one layer at a time to isolate if it is a particular layer causing the issue?

Do you have enough space on your device for offline areas or have you exceeded the limit of 16 offline areas?

How are the items in your group shared are they are all shared under the same level ie, owner, organisation,public.

I would recommend logging a support case (if you haven't already) with your respective distributor so they can have an analyst investigate more. 

0 Kudos
JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

Hi Daniel, 

Do you have the same layers referenced in the same project?

Yes

Is all your data in the same projection as the basemap? Is your basemap designed to come offline does it need to be sideloaded?

Yes

Do you have any custom symbology?

No

Are you creating offline areas on the fly (from the mobile device) or through the Field Maps Designer?

On the fly

Have you tried using one layer at a time to isolate if it is a particular layer causing the issue?

Yes, still can't isolate to one layer.

Do you have enough space on your device for offline areas or have you exceeded the limit of 16 offline areas?

Yes

How are the items in your group shared are they are all shared under the same level ie, owner, organisation,public.

All shared with owner + with relevant group

Thanks for getting back to me, I will raise a support case. Just want to raise strong frustration with offline working in Field Maps, I have come across multiple posts with the same error and there has been no fix by Esri. It's extremely frustrating for things to break without the creator of the map amending anything and users out in the field being affected by the loss of important data.

SStopyak_BruceHarris
New Contributor III

One of my organizations has reported the same problem and it started in the same time frame. Do we think this is the result of something that has changed in the app code or possibly AGO or Enterprise? I'm being told that my organization has changed nothing and it just stopped working. The error they get in the log is the same as @JosephHilliard94  is getting.

0 Kudos
leahpfuller
New Contributor

Same here, field maps that have been working over a year are now unable to go offline. Same error code as above.

0 Kudos
JosephHilliard94
New Contributor III

I had a support call with Esri and this was down to Field Indexes created from enabling search in Web Experience. Worth checking if you have these in your feature layer and removing them if so

KimmeSu
New Contributor

Did you delete/disable the search in Experience Builder? How did you remove it ultimately?

0 Kudos