ArcGIS Field Maps Offline Maps download fails with traditional Versioning Data

Jump to solution
02-02-2024 10:59 AM
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

I am just testing my luck here to see if anyone has encountered this offline map downloading issue in ArcGIS Field maps in the past. 

We have a feature service with a single feature class configured with traditional versioning and on the feature service configuration it is setup for offline map use. We have noticed that when the feature service is set to 'Create a version for each user', the offline map download will fail. The offline map would be downloaded if it is set to 'Create version for each download map'. I understand that setting the feature service with 'create a version for each download map', is a more common configuration and it is something we can definitely entertain as a workaround, but it would be nice to understand why setting it to 'create a version for each user' would cause the offline map to download to fail.

SH013_0-1706897106875.png

Thanks

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

As it turns out that this is a known bug issue. If you have versioned data and your service is set to create versions based on user names, downloads will fail if the username exceeds a certain length.

BUG-000157028 - Replica versions created through feature services using the Create Replica operation in ArcGIS REST APIs have a limit of 30 characters, not the 64 characters documented for the version's geodatabase system table.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

What if a user downloads multiple offline areas?  How would it tell them apart?  That is my guess anyway.

0 Kudos
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

I believe through the replica rest end points, you should be able to tell which one belongs to who.

0 Kudos
DougBrowning
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Yes but if the same user downloads 2 different offline map areas it cannot use the same database.  By user names the replicas by username I think.  This would cause a conflict when downloading a second area of the same map.

0 Kudos
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

that I am not sure, but we are already having issues with downloading the first map area.

0 Kudos
SH013
by
Occasional Contributor

As it turns out that this is a known bug issue. If you have versioned data and your service is set to create versions based on user names, downloads will fail if the username exceeds a certain length.

BUG-000157028 - Replica versions created through feature services using the Create Replica operation in ArcGIS REST APIs have a limit of 30 characters, not the 64 characters documented for the version's geodatabase system table.