ArcGIS Connection Crash When Opening ArcGIS Explorer

Jump to solution
07-31-2013 06:49 AM
AdamGuo
New Contributor II
Any have this issue of "ArcGIS Connection has stopped working" when opening ArcGIS Explorer?

It's becoming a constant thing with my users who only have Explorer installed on their machines.

For some reason there is no issue if ArcMap is opened first and then ArcGIS Explorer.

Any ideas?

Thank you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]26344[/ATTACH]

Problem signature:   Problem Event Name: APPCRASH   Application Name: ArcGISConnectionBin.exe   Application Version: 10.1.2.3252   Application Timestamp: 511165ea   Fault Module Name: ntdll.dll   Fault Module Version: 6.1.7601.17725   Fault Module Timestamp: 4ec49b8f   Exception Code: c000071f   Exception Offset: 0009a3b9   OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48   Locale ID: 1033   Additional Information 1: a7aa   Additional Information 2: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d   Additional Information 3: a7aa   Additional Information 4: a7aa91f17ea749d42a4de3b390fa5b3d  Read our privacy statement online:   http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409  If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:   C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
NathanCoon
New Contributor III
If you don't need access to arcgis online and are only using local data, delete the ArcGISConnectionBin.exe in the 'bin' folder. I've done this on installed and portable versions and it gets rid of that error.

Pretty ridiculous that with all the testing of this latest build that ESRI didn't run into this error. Between this and the program not being able to load on most machines, its almost pointless to use this software.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
8 Replies
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
Is Windows 7 and Internet Explorer 10 also installed on the machines?
0 Kudos
AdamGuo
New Contributor II
Mark,

Yes we have both installed on the machines- Win 7 & IE 10. Are there any solutions right now for that?

(Also, I haven't seem to solve my labeling issue from a previous post: http://forums.arcgis.com/threads/88559-ArcExplorer-Hangs-Crashes-When-a-Layer-with-Labels-is-Added )

Thank you.
0 Kudos
MarkBockenhauer
Esri Regular Contributor
Running window 7 with IE9 is what some are doing.   You could also run windows 8 with IE10.  We are researching the issue with windows 7 and IE10, even when we figure out a solution it will take awhile to deliver it, we are hopeful to have the next version of ArcGIS Explorer Desktop released before the end of this year (2013).

Mark
0 Kudos
NathanCoon
New Contributor III
If you don't need access to arcgis online and are only using local data, delete the ArcGISConnectionBin.exe in the 'bin' folder. I've done this on installed and portable versions and it gets rid of that error.

Pretty ridiculous that with all the testing of this latest build that ESRI didn't run into this error. Between this and the program not being able to load on most machines, its almost pointless to use this software.
0 Kudos
AdamGuo
New Contributor II
That simple solution worked perfectly! Thanks!

Found that it also works for regular ArcGIS as well.
0 Kudos
NathanCoon
New Contributor III
That simple solution worked perfectly! Thanks!

Found that it also works for regular ArcGIS as well.

Yeah when that first started happening I thought it was a conflict between Explorer and ArcGIS since they both have that file and were both trying to connect to ArcGIS Online. But turns out that the ArcGIS Connector error happens on brand new machines with only Explorer installed. And I've tested this in virtual machines, same thing.
0 Kudos
BitsyLawhorn
New Contributor
Running window 7 with IE9 is what some are doing.   You could also run windows 8 with IE10.  We are researching the issue with windows 7 and IE10, even when we figure out a solution it will take awhile to deliver it, we are hopeful to have the next version of ArcGIS Explorer Desktop released before the end of this year (2013).

Mark

Mark,
Has there been an update to resolve this?  I am still getting the error.  Thank you.
0 Kudos
LeeStoddard
New Contributor
Any news on an update for this issue?
0 Kudos