Select to view content in your preferred language

Save Session Widget

05-23-2023 11:51 AM
colejo02
New Contributor II

Hello, I saw there was a Save Session Widget in Web App Builder and I was wondering if this will eventually be implemented in ArcGIS ExB? 

Kindly,

Josh

13 Replies
GillesLavandier
New Contributor III

We absolutely need this as an ExB widget in order to migrate our apps.

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

The implementation in ExB could be different from WAB. Instead of a new widget, we are considering recording those info in the app's URL parameters. 

colejo02
New Contributor II

Thanks for replying DanJiang, much appreciated.  Any timeline on when save session might be available?  

colejo02
New Contributor II

Hello @DanJiang I'm still looking forward to saving session data in ExB.  Any update or idea when this might be available?  Thanks Josh

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @colejo02 , the feature is under development now. It is a candidate for our early 2024 release. 

RyanCoodey
Regular Contributor

Great news, thanks @DanJiang. Follow-up question if I may, will this session save/restore include filters?

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @RyanCoodey , I'm afraid the filter status will not be supported in our first release, as there is a existing filter URL parameter. https://doc.arcgis.com/en/experience-builder/latest/build-apps/url-parameters.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_0A01... We will gradually enhance this feature along with the feedback we receive. 

0 Kudos
AValenski
New Contributor III

@DanJiang, is the Save Session Widget still slated for Q1 release in 2024? Are you able to provide any additional details related to the ExB version's functionality? I worry that capturing the layers, their visibility/rendering information, map-extent, zoom-levels, graphics definitions, and map customizations via URL parameters are going to run into issues with URL length. I reviewed the JSON export of the Save Session widget from a medium-sized municipality (Charlotte, NC's "Charlotte Explorer")  and it is 28,000 lines (~700,000 characters).

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @AValenski

Thanks for the reminder. The URL status feature in on track. You are correct that the map status description could be very long. However, the rendering info and graphics definitions are stored in the web map and we won't necessarily save them into the URL.