Select to view content in your preferred language

Near Me widget not seeing available feature layers in map

09-28-2023 02:57 AM
Labels (1)
NicolaRiordan
New Contributor

I have the Near Me widget on a web app, but it only sees a few of the available feature layers in the map. If I group the feature layers, then it can't see them at all and won't let me add them as targets. It also doesn't see some of the ungrouped feature layers. Some of these were uploaded from zipped shapefiles and some were uploaded as web services, it doesn't seem to make a difference. For example I have two feature layers that I uploaded the same way, and they have the same settings, it sees one but not the other. Am I missing something?

0 Kudos
6 Replies
NicolaRiordan
New Contributor

Thanks for the help, but I don't see the 'select search layer(s)' or set button under the search settings tab. Under the analysis tab I can add feature layers for the analysis, however, only those that are not grouped within groups appear. Anything that is within a group that is within a higher level group is unavailable and does not appear here. How do I get to these without having to ungroup them? i have a large number of feature layers in this app so it looks better to have them organised into groups.

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

This sounds like a programming error on ESRI's part. Objects in React must be spread at every level to be fully accessible. You should take this issue up with ESRI support and tell them that they need to create a 'deep clone' of the layers in the settings.

Since Near Me is still technically in Beta support may not help you, so I'm going to tag a few people on the product team here. @TonghuiMing @AlixVezina 

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

Hi @NicolaRiordan,

Near me  supports group layer, so it should be able to use feature layers whether they are grouped or not. Is it possible for you to share your web map with me?

Thanks

Aziza

0 Kudos
isevans
New Contributor

I have a similar issue where not al feature layers are visible in the Near Me configuration (AGOL Experience Builder; not the developer version). The commonality between all the layers that are not visible is that they are nested within groups that are part of other groups. 

• Group name
    • Layer name - visible
    • Sub group name
      • layer name - not visible
      • layer name - not visible
    • Layer name - visible
0 Kudos
isevans
New Contributor

The issue seems to have resolved itself. I am now able to add any layer. I guess Exp Builder and/or AGOL were updated.

0 Kudos
AzizaParveen1
Esri Contributor

@isevans Yes, we fixed this issue in February update, thank you for confirming that it works in your app.

0 Kudos