Select to view content in your preferred language

Message actions not working in Portal 11.2?

Jump to solution
04-08-2024 10:50 AM
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Hi. I have a registered feature service in my newly-upgraded 11.2 Portal. The service is NOT hosted; it is linked to my SQL Server Enterprise GDB. This feature service has a few related tables. 

I'm trying to create a series of tables or sheets in Experience Builder where if I click on a record in one table (main feature service), a second table gets filtered based on a related field. I'm trying to do this using a Message Action. I have a RowID and a Parent RowID that I am linking the two tables on.

I did this in another ExB in Portal 10.9.1 and it worked fine. Now I'm trying to replicate the workflow in 11.2 and it doesn't work. When I set up the message action and click a record in the main table, the second table shows 0 rows. I can't figure out what is going on. Are there any bugs logged related to this? 

Thanks!

**Editing to add that the workflow works fine using a hosted feature service and its related tables. So, it appears there is something wrong with non-hosted feature services and message actions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson , I saw a similar defect (BUG-000160023) and it is fixed for the upcoming 11.3. The same fix is also available in ArcGIS Online. Could you try if the same data work with the online version? If so, your case could probably be caused by the same reason as the 160023. 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson , I saw a similar defect (BUG-000160023) and it is fixed for the upcoming 11.3. The same fix is also available in ArcGIS Online. Could you try if the same data work with the online version? If so, your case could probably be caused by the same reason as the 160023. 

0 Kudos
ShelbyZelonisRoberson
Occasional Contributor III

Yep. You're exactly right. It works in the AGOL Version. 

Is there ANY way I can get the fix in my 11.2 Portal? I JUST upgraded last week in order to build the ExB application that now apparently I can't build. I'm starting to look ridiculous going to my colleagues and telling them over and over that I can't do something because of an Esri bug. 

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @ShelbyZelonisRoberson , the issue is caused by the "{ }" outside the ID. Could you try use another field to link the data? Or if the service can be modified to another format?

0 Kudos