Geocode Added Table (CSV) by Custom Locator

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
lleveto_CCPC
New Contributor II

I'm working with ArcGIS Experience Builder, and I've configured the application to use the "Add Data" widget for importing a users data. However, some users have encountered difficulties visualizing their data on the map when their CSV tables lack geocoded coordinates. I understand that if the user has lat/long coordinates in their uploaded table, the add data widget should automatically display those, but if they do not there is currently no way to view the items in their table.

Is there a way to leverage custom locators (already created and being used with the Search Widget) within ArcGIS Experience Builder's "Add Data" widget? Specifically, I'm interested in enabling users to import CSV tables based on identifiers like parcel numbers and then use a custom locator to display these locations on the map.

0 Kudos
3 Replies
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @lleveto_CCPC 

While your case sounds like an enhancement for the Add data widget, if you already have the locator working properly in the Search widget, then you can add the search output DS as the source for Table/List, then use their "Show on map" data action to achieve your case?

0 Kudos
lleveto_CCPC
New Contributor II

Hi!

Thank you for your suggestion, it is similar to what I have offered as one of the workarounds for users... to basically search individual features and go that route. I also have layers that are already tied to the locator (in this case parcel layers - parcel locator) and have suggested setting an SQL filter to achieve a similar result.

However, the issue is that some of our users have lists of parcels of say 20 or more, which begins to make it difficult to search for individual parcels and/or filter for multiple parcels.

In an ideal world, users would be able to upload their CSV tables using the Add Data widget and then select an option to "add to map" based on a list of locators that we select on our end. Fairly similar to the workflow when uploading a CSV file onto ArcGIS Online, or workflows seen in other applications such as WebAB/GeoCortex.

TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

I see. Thanks for the clarification. We will keep a note of this and evaluate the enhancement possibility. Thanks for bringing it up.