Full screen button in Map widget doesn't work to exit full screen, most other map widget buttons don't work in full screen

01-31-2024 07:23 AM
JosephRhodes2
Occasional Contributor II

The full screen button on the map widget doesn't work to exit full screen - nothing at all happens when it's clicked while in full screen mode (doesn't exit full screen, and nothing logged to the console). Pressing Esc does nothing. Is the ExB team aware of this?

The extent navigation, measure, select, basemap, and layer list buttons also do nothing while in full screen mode.

@TonghuiMing 

8 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @JosephRhodes2 , I assume you are using ArcGIS Online, but if you are using ArcGIS Enterprise please let us know which version it is.

I enabled the Fullscreen tool of my Map Widget, and it works as I expected. Pressing Fullscreen (showing as a maximise icon) went to fullscreen, and could revert to minimised using either the ESC key, or the Fullscreen button again (now showing as a minimise icon).

What browser are you using, I tried it in Chrome & Edge ?

Can you post a sample Experience that we can try ourselves ?

0 Kudos
JosephRhodes2

Hi Chris, 

Yes, I'm using AGOL. Here is an example: Address & Parcel Viewer (arcgis.com)

I see the same behavior in Edge and Firefox on Windows, as well as Safari on iOS.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @JosephRhodes2  , am I missing something, your app seems to work fine for me ?

0 Kudos
JosephRhodes2

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I tested on the five devices I have available; here are the results:

• Windows 10 (Edge 121.0.2277.83): App works as expected!
  • Windows 11 (Edge 120.0.2210.144): Issue persists
  • Windows 11 (Firefox 122.0): Issue persists
  • iPad running iOS 15.6.1 (Safari): Issue persists
  • iPhone running iOS 17.0 (Safari): Issue persists

I noticed that when I enter full screen on the one device that works, I get the "Press Esc to exit full screen" modal, but this doesn't happen on the other Windows devices.

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @JosephRhodes2  , OK, it looks like this is a bug, ref BUG-000164494, "Unable to exit full screen mode for the Map widget in ArcGIS Experience Builder on mobile devices". The bug is new (25th Jan 2024), so no workaround or timescale offered yet.

JosephRhodes2

Thanks again, Chris. The Windows 11 devices where it's failing are not mobile devices (they are both Dell XPS notebooks). Would I need to open a support ticket to get these device types added to the bug description (or logged as a new one)?

0 Kudos
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @JosephRhodes2  , yes I think a support ticket would be the best way to get the bug's scope in relation to Windows 11 checked, and if necessary, changed.

NBC
by
New Contributor III

@ChrisUnderwood @JosephRhodes2 

It's likely we are experiencing the same.  I've given up trying to use full screen mode as an option whether its large, medium or small screen.

Basically the full screen mode button when clicked opens to full screen as expected and shows the button as available to select again to revert back, but when you try and do that, the button is unresponsive, trapping the user in that expanded view.

Using Chrome 121.0.6167