Experience Builder versions and Enterprise versions,

Jump to solution
02-07-2024 07:27 AM
AdamDrackley
Occasional Contributor III

Hey all, hope things are well.  I was hoping a knowledgeable person could help me understand the table in the link below.  Does each version of the Experience Builder (Developer Edition) version require a specific version of Enterprise to work properly, or is it agnostic?  IE, Can I stand up a 1.13 version of the Experience Builder, and following the steps on this page, wire it up to a v 10.9.1 version of Enterprise?  Or is 1.7 the highest version of Experience Builder that a 10.9.1 Enterprise can support?  Any information you can provide would be appreciated, many thanks.

About release versions | ArcGIS Experience Builder | ArcGIS Developers

0 Kudos
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes.

Is your Enterprise using SSO? If so, there is a known bug in Experience Builder 1.13 that will prevent you from logging in. Experience Builder 1.12 should work fine.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

So the bug might actually be a compatibility problem between Enterprise 10.X and Experience Builder 1.13.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

I suppose it is technically possible to find some sort of compatibility issue. In practice, I have not found or heard of any. I have used Experience Builder 1.11 and 1.12 with Enterprise 10.9.1 without encountering any compatibility problems.

Experience Builder is mostly just a skin over the 4.X Javascript API, so it really never needs to interact with an Enterprise portal for more than very basic functions like loading data.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
AdamDrackley

Thats encouraging to hear, thanks Jeffrey; Maybe I'm just going through the installation steps incorrectly.  Did you go through the ClientID steps to register the Experience Builder in your Enterprise, according to the steps here?

ArcGIS Experience Builder install | ArcGIS Experience Builder | ArcGIS Developers

JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

Yes.

Is your Enterprise using SSO? If so, there is a known bug in Experience Builder 1.13 that will prevent you from logging in. Experience Builder 1.12 should work fine.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
AdamDrackley

That was exactly it!  Thanks so much.  Do you have a link handy to that 1.13 bug?

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/exb-dev-edition-enterprise-login/m...

Here is the Community post about it.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor II

I'm using SSO on my Enterprise and I encounter no issue to use the EXP Builder 1.13 actually

0 Kudos
JeffreyThompson2
MVP Regular Contributor

So the bug might actually be a compatibility problem between Enterprise 10.X and Experience Builder 1.13.

GIS Developer
City of Arlington, Texas
0 Kudos
JasonBOCQUET
Occasional Contributor II

Hi @AdamDrackley 

I'm actually using the Experience Builder Developer Edition on v 1.13 and I deploy my apps on my Enterprise v 1.11 without any problem. All of the new feature works perfectly on my Portal.

0 Kudos
AdamDrackley

Hey Jason, I was seeing errors related to oAuth when I tried standing up the 1.13 version of Developer Edition and pointed it towards our 10.8.1 Enterprise.  Did you find everything 'just worked' with your environment?