Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'content') - I'm using the Blank fullscreen template

12-14-2023 12:15 PM
Labels (1)
DickieRigdon
New Contributor III

Hello,

Working with Experience Builder "Blank fullscreen" template, App crashes every time I try to work with the Pending list.  Built out the Desktop version completely. All was fine. Attempting to edit the App for Mobile version and it keeps crashing and giving - Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'content') whenever I use the Pending feature.  Is there a bug fix for this template?

Thanks for any help,

Dickie

see screenshot of error 

DickieRigdon_0-1702584429759.png

8 Replies
JohannaAndersson1
New Contributor

Have the similar issue. Changing between screen sizes in the edit session gives me this error message as well. When trying to save solution in another screen size it can save but not publish the changes. Not sure why this happens. 

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @DickieRigdon  and @JohannaAndersson1 , I cannot reproduce the crash on the online environment. Could you please provide more details? Are you using portal (what version) or online? Could you provide the step-by-step instructions to reproduce the crash?

Thanks, 

Dan

0 Kudos
DickieRigdon
New Contributor III

Hi @DanJiang , Here is a screenshot of my Page layout.  I am using Experience Builder through AGOL.  I start with a blank fullscreen template.  I configure the desktop layout.  All is fine.  When I configure the mobile layout and send items to the pending list it will crash if I look at the desktop view.  To resolve, I refresh the entire Chrome browser. If I don't switch views it is somewhat stable.  Pending items will still crash time to time.  I configured the mobile version, saved, and then started to configure the Tablet version.  It crashed hard and project would not come back even with Chrome refresh.  I duplicated the Page that was no longer working and was able to retrieve my project.  If I were to click on the original page again, it would crash my new page.  I deleted the original page.  Colleague has same issues with his Experience Builder project.  His layout is similar to mine.  We are saving duplicate projects daily because of all the crashes.  Thank you for any help, Dickie

Page layout.JPG

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @DickieRigdon , I tried your steps in AGOL but cannot reproduce the error. Could you please provide a sample app?

0 Kudos
DickieRigdon
New Contributor III

@DanJiang Yes, I will message you. Thanks!

0 Kudos
AndrewAlbers
New Contributor II

@DanJiang Was this issue resolved? I'm hitting the same problem. I viewed the medium device layout and set 'custom' layout a while back, but now when I preview my app for medium devices I get the same error:  "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'content')", which continues even if I switch back to the larger view. The issue continues until I refresh the experience builder.

0 Kudos
DanJiang
Esri Contributor

Hi @AndrewAlbers , we could not reproduce the issue on our side. It seems happen randomly and there is no clear steps to reproduce. Do you have the reproducible steps? It will help us better locate the reason. 

0 Kudos
MariaSlowik
New Contributor II

Hi, my colleague from other team has the same issue. When opening ExB in the medium sized window, the app crash. full screen size and mini size are ok. I tried to create copy and publish but it haven't solve the issue. App is on the AGOL. 

MariaSlowik_0-1713430200180.png

0 Kudos