Blurry Bookmark Widget Images

2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
DJ_Canada
New Contributor

I am working on an Experience Builder application that includes a web scene with the Bookmark widget that has been added to a section view. I am using the Gallery template and have the widget set to pull the bookmarks associated with the web scene. The Experience Builder application is being built in 1920 x 1080. 

No matter what I have tried the thumbnail images for the bookmarks are blurry. The blurry thumbnails appear in Experience Builder, Experience Builder Live View, Experience Preview and on the published Experience Builder application.

So far I have tried the following:

1. Recreated the bookmarks in the web scene with the scene Optimize 3D graphics set to full Quality.
  2.  Adjusted the size of the widget in Experience Builder (want to further note that if the option is available the sizes are all based on percentage).
  3. Updated the widget template
  4. Added the Widget Controller and included the Bookmarks Widget.
  5. Added the widget outside of the section view.

None of the above steps have yielded non-blurry bookmark thumbnails.

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @DJ_Canada 

Thanks for bringing this up!

Per my colleague's investigation, this behavior was introduced when you created the bookmarks in the Scene Viewer. The pictures in the Scene Viewer bookmark are generated & stored with a small size of 114*62 px, thus, they look blurry in any other larger-sized containers.

If you create bookmarks inside ExB directly the thumbnails won't be affected. Or it might be helpful to reach out to the Scene Viewer team and see if they see this as a potential enhancement. Hope that could help.

0 Kudos