About Widget Scroll Bar

Jump to solution
2 weeks ago
Labels (1)
JillianStanford
Occasional Contributor III

Hello!

Can someone point me in the right direction for adding a scroll bar to my About widget?

I've got an About widget with a fair amount of content. Everything is visible on a large screen but as the screen gets smaller the content just gets cut off. On mobile, I only see about a third of the content with no ability to view the rest. I know I can expand the widget but it's still not big enough.

I would assume there's a way to enable a scroll bar for the overflow but I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried using a Column widget to host these widgets?

View solution in original post

4 Replies
FredericPoliart_EsriAU
Occasional Contributor II

just force the height of the widget to be "auto" and your text box will automatically become a scrollable text area.   (have a play around with the text widget parameters)

1. Create a small text widget, force to 320x200 pixels 
2. dumpt a lot of text in it 
3. run it and see how it turns into a "scrollable" multiline text box

0 Kudos
JillianStanford

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

This works for a single text box but I have a bunch of text boxes and images absolutely positioned in my About widget.

I tried your idea by placing the text and images in a Fixed Panel with a small height but it doesn't add a scroll bar in the same way.

Surely somebody else has dealt with this??

Jill

0 Kudos
TonghuiMing
Esri Regular Contributor

Have you tried using a Column widget to host these widgets?

JillianStanford

That works!

It's not exactly the layout I want but I'll find a way to work around that.

I think there should be the option to scroll any type of content if the window becomes too small. I'm not sure most users would know that content has to be formatted into a column.

Thank you!