Sidebar Widget Should Not Block Map Functionality When Collapsed

09-28-2023 06:45 AM
Labels (2)
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

I've noticed that when you create a sidebar panel in Experience Builder, it will block the ability to pan the map when it is collapsed/minimized. I find this to be frustrating as I would like to have an attribute table in the bottom area of the page that can be collapsed by our end users and expanded to view more/less of the map.

I figured like most collapsible panels in applications that when the bar is collapsed it would not only allow you to see more of the map if stacked over top of the map area, but also allow panning of the map in the area that the table would show when the sidebar is expanded.

Perhaps there is some sort of setting I am missing, but it seems impractical to have a collapsed sidebar still impede the features below it.

2 Comments
CameronLacelle

Upon further investigation, I've discovered the sidebars have two panels (First and Second). Here is a link to a post I discovered if anybody else is having trouble: https://community.esri.com/t5/arcgis-experience-builder-questions/issue-with-collapsable-sidebar-mak...

CameronLacelle_0-1695908927731.png

You can see Sidebar 4 and then "First" and "Second" where the map being in the First area means it will be functional when the sidebar is collapsed.

JeffreyThompson2

The best way to deal with this problem is to lay the sidebar down first and then place your map in the alway open side of the sidebar.