Export data table with description value, not coded value for fields with domains

08-25-2022 01:10 PM
Labels (1)
LeeBrannon1
Occasional Contributor

When using the Export Records action of the Feature Info widget, the exported CSV file shows the codes and not the descriptions for fields that have domains.  The default export behavior should output the description instead of the code for those fields, as it does in Web AppBuilder applications.  Currently, with Experience Builder, there appears to be no way at all to get the attribute descriptions into the output table. 

The soon-to-be users of the application that I am developing with Experience Builder have explicitly requested the ability to export all of the records in the data to a file (must be a non-proprietary format).  Those users will not be able to do their analysis if they receive the domain code values instead of the descriptions.

6 Comments
CameronLacelle

I've come across the same problem. It's strange because if you have a table widget for the same feature, it will show the domain descriptions which is great but only for all records in the table, then as soon as you perform a query and view the results in the table or otherwise all of a sudden it only displays the codes. Seems to be a frustrating oversight.

Adam_Bourque

Any update on this? @LeeBrannon1 Also I noticed that too (although the opposite what you are saying, code will appear for all records) @CameronLacelle 

LeeBrannon1

No updates that I am aware of.  And since I deleted the ExB application where this was an issue, I no longer have access to quick and easy testing.  I can only guess that this Idea is not progressing forward.  

JimGrimes

Definite need for those using the Utility Network, all subtypes and domain codes are integers.  Anything downloaded/exported doesn't make sense without descriptions.  Must have, please make it happen.

LeeBrannon1

UPDATE:

Looks like Esri has made the update to the table export tool, and so domain descriptions are now included in the table output instead of the domain codes.

I don't know when they made the update to it, but I decided to just go ahead and do a test since I had not used ExB in awhile.  I did a test in ExB for AGOL and another test in ExB for Enterprise Portal and it has been updated on both platforms.

EmmaCurran18

Does anyone have a solution for coded attribute values showing up when using dynamic text, and a workaround for this? I don't own the feature service being used, so I cannot make a new field. I tried making a field using an Arcade expression in AGOL, which worked in terms of creation, but that field isn't showing up as an option to display in Experience Builder.