Publish Print Service to Enterprise from ArcGIS Pro

11-10-2023 05:44 AM
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

I am trying to use a custom print layout in Experience Builder for an application we are building for some of our end users to export their own maps of properties in our municipality. I was working through some other guides online for exporting an "ExportWebMap" tool with a shared layout file that I created. However all of these next steps involve publishing the print service using what I've done to a standalone server via the catalog pane in Pro. This doesn't match up to what I see on my catalog pane where the guides say "In the Catalog pane, right-click the server connection and choose Publish". I don't see where I can publish to my Enterprise portal in catalog.

Hoping someone can help so I can publish a custom print service to Enterprise and use this for the current application, and create other custom print services for Enterprise down the road as my team and I migrate fully to an Enterprise-based GIS in our organization.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi @CameronLacelle,

I believe you need to go to the analysis tab and select the history menu. From here you can right-click the ExportWebMap job and share to portal. Please see the following documentation:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.9.1/publish-services/windows/tutorial-publish-additional-...

As a note, please ensure you're using the right version of ArcGIS Pro for your version of Enterprise. Please see:

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/analysis/geoprocessing/share-analysis/geoprocessing-se...

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

I've done this, I see it as a utility to add but it says "This utility service is not supported". I will try to re-export again, I've followed that same documentation that you sent and my ArcGIS Pro is up to date along with my Enterprise.

CameronLacelle_0-1699884656745.png

0 Kudos
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@CameronLacelle 

is your print service's Execution Mode Sync or Async? If it is set to Async, change it to Sync and then try from Experience Builder.

0 Kudos
CameronLacelle
Occasional Contributor

I've set it to sync when I created the ExportWebMap, I followed the documentation to re-export the service to Enterprise sent by A_Wyn_Jones above, but now I am running into issues with my version of Pro and Enterprise as I just updated my ArcGIS Pro but I suppose now it's out of sync with the version of Enterprise our organization is running so I'm at a standstill until we get our Enterprise also updated.

I am hopeful that it will work this time though, thank you for your help.