Select to view content in your preferred language

Logical Location of Hosted Content

Jump to solution
02-25-2024 09:26 PM
jauhari_mani
Occasional Contributor

Hi Community,

I am unfamiliar with ArcGIS Enterprise and would like to understand where hosted content is stored on my machine. I have configured an ArcGIS server and ArcGIS portal, hosting a feature layer from my enterprise portal. Now, I would like to examine the logical storage on my system to determine its location and explore the possibility of configuration.

Additionally, when a layer is hosted on enterprise, I am curious about how the configuration of rules for labels, legends, popups, etc., is stored, and in what form it preserves custom symbols.

Regards,

Mani

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi @jauhari_mani,

Hosted content is stored in your ArcGIS Datastore - this is a postgres database which is not intended to be interacted with outside of the ArcGIS Enterprise UI. This is stored by default to c:\arcgisdatastore\pgdata

If you'd like to configure Datastore further, pretty much everything can be done via the command line tools supplied with the software - highly recommend you have a look at this link:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/data-store/latest/install/windows/data-store-utility-reference.htm

For the second part of your question, I believe configurations like that are stored against the Portal item (map item) in the items directory - again, it is not recommended to change/modify anything on the backend.

Those portal items are stored in c:\arcgisportal\content\items by default as Json files. 

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."

View solution in original post

2 Replies
HenryLindemann
Esri Contributor

Hi @jauhari_mani, it will depend on your workflow, but Relational "2D Vectors, SQL" and Tile Cache "3D Vectors, NoSQL" data is stored in the ArcGIS Datastore, Vector Tiles are stored in ArcGIS Server Cache, and Hosted Imagery is stores in ArcGIS Server Directory.

Hope it helps 

Regards

Henry

0 Kudos
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi @jauhari_mani,

Hosted content is stored in your ArcGIS Datastore - this is a postgres database which is not intended to be interacted with outside of the ArcGIS Enterprise UI. This is stored by default to c:\arcgisdatastore\pgdata

If you'd like to configure Datastore further, pretty much everything can be done via the command line tools supplied with the software - highly recommend you have a look at this link:

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/data-store/latest/install/windows/data-store-utility-reference.htm

For the second part of your question, I believe configurations like that are stored against the Portal item (map item) in the items directory - again, it is not recommended to change/modify anything on the backend.

Those portal items are stored in c:\arcgisportal\content\items by default as Json files. 

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."