How to configure dialog box portal for arcgis in ArcMap

06-22-2022 01:57 AM
VirginieLe_Gal
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I would like to configure the dialog box that opens in ArcMap when users want to add data that comes from ArcGIS Enterprise. Could you tell me where to find documentation on the subject?

It is especially the configuration at the opening of the dialog box that interests me.

I'm using an ArcMap 10.8.1

Thanks for helping me

Virginie

0 Kudos
4 Replies
ReeseFacendini
Esri Regular Contributor

There's not a way to customize that dialog box, that I am aware of, to connect to anything other than ArcGIS Online. If you're needing specific data from Enterprise, I would recommend switching to ArcGIS Pro or using the "Open in ArcGIS Desktop" option within Enterprise on the items detail page for the layer you want to add.

VirginieLe_Gal
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answers and explanation.
I'm already connected to ArcGIS entrerprise and I can add data in my mxd project from the portail with the dialog box.
Now, I would like a nice home page when my users use this dialog box (with my referential data for exemple).

I know it is possible because I have already seen it in different organizations but I don't know how to do it. That's why I ask the question. Thanks for your help

PS : I would like this dialog to display the contents of the homepage gallery group (or other group as feasible). Currently, data from the organization can be searched (and is effectively found), but nothing displays by default : users believe nothing is available, and report contents errors. Populating the dialog box by default with minimal contents from the gallery (or other group) would increase confidence in the tool, and incite users to search for the data they need.

0 Kudos
VirginieLe_Gal
New Contributor III

Thank you for your answers and explanation.
I'm already connected to ArcGIS entrerprise and I can add data in my mxd project from the portail with the dialog box.
Now, I would like a nice home page when my users use this dialog box (with my referential data for exemple).

I know it is possible because I have already seen it in different organizations but I don't know how to do it. That's why I ask the question. Thanks for your help

PS : I would like this dialog to display the contents of the homepage gallery group (or other group as feasible). Currently, data from the organization can be searched (and is effectively found), but nothing displays by default : users believe nothing is available, and report contents errors. Populating the dialog box by default with minimal contents from the gallery (or other group) would increase confidence in the tool, and incite users to search for the data they need

0 Kudos
VirginieLe_Gal
New Contributor III

So, no one knows ? or has a lead ?

Thanks for your help

Tags (1)
0 Kudos