Geoprocessing Service not starting

04-03-2023 09:59 AM
wizgis
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hi All,

Our organization is using ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1. 

I have published a single geoprocessing tool as a web tool/geoprocessing service to our ArcGIS Enterprise. The service gets published successfully. However, it isn't getting started and Service failed to start error message is generated. 

Looking at the logs the following error messages are present

• Service containing process crashed for <service name>.map server
  • Failed to construct instance of service <service name>.GP server

On researching on this further I came across the following link : https://support.esri.com/en-us/knowledge-base/error-services-containing-process-crashed-servicename-... however, python paths are correctly configured at my end. 

Any insights on how to resolve this would help.

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Some troubleshooting steps you can try:

• Verify that the geoprocessing tool runs successfully outside of ArcGIS Enterprise.
  • Check that the data and tool parameters are set correctly in the service configuration.
  • Make sure that the necessary permissions and privileges are set for the service and its associated data.
  • Try republishing the service with a new name and see if that resolves the issue.
wizgis
by

Thank you for your inputs @Omar_A. I went through all of the above mentioned points however, still running into the issue.

I also created a simple model with just one tool and published that as GP service however, I am still facing the same issue. 

I see the following error in the log.

ErrorGP.PNG

0 Kudos
Omar_A
by Esri Contributor
Esri Contributor

Sorry to hear that. I'm just trying to share some other insights for this :

• Check if the tool uses external resources or data that may not be available or accessible to the service.
  • The potential cause could be related to the version of Python you are using. Have you tried using a different version of Python to see if that resolves the issue?
  • Another potential cause could be related to the server resources. Have you checked to ensure that there is enough disk space, RAM, and CPU available on the server to run the geoprocessing service? It might also be worth checking if there are any other services running on the same server that could be impacting the performance of the geoprocessing service. You could try temporarily stopping any other services and see if that helps.
wizgis
by

Thank You @Omar_A  for your insights. I'll look into these points you have mentioned. 

0 Kudos