Feature Service not drawing features in Map Viewer

Jump to solution
3 weeks ago
wizgis
by
Occasional Contributor II

Hello Community,

We are on ArcGIS Enterprise 10.9.1 with PostgreSQL enterprise geodatabase. 

We have recently converted two raster datasets into vector dataset and stored it in a FileGDB. While converting raster datasets into vector we made sure to check the option of Simplify Polygons in order to remove unnecessary vertices. The resulting FileGDB had a size of 270 MB as seen from windows explorer. 

We then migrated the feature classes from FileGDB to Enterprise GDB and then published a registered feature service which got published successfully. 

The issue happens that when we add the feature service in map viewer features are not drawing however, from item details page in the Data tab we can see the records of the attribute table. On looking into the logs we saw the following error : 

• Instance of the service '<Service Name>' crashed. The ArcSOC process for this service may not have enough memory allocated to it. Consider increasing the SOC heap size for this service by updating the "javaHeapSize" property, using the Edit Service operation in the ArcGIS Server Administrator Directory.

Hence, we followed the steps mentioned in the following link  https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/server/10.8/publish-services/windows/geoprocessing-service-settings... and increased the HeapSize to 128 however, we are still facing the same issue. 

We have also changed the instances from Shared to Dedicated and have set Min & Max Instances to 5 & 15. 

We just wanted to know what further can we do to improve the performance so that the features start drawing on the map.  

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@wizgis 

did you try adding that as a map image layer using the /MapServer end point? As you know that would make the draw happen on the server side and you might not run into this memory issue.

It appears to me (admitting I could be missing something) that you don't need any editing job, that makes enabling 'feature access' extension is not necessary.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
TanuHoque
Esri Regular Contributor

@wizgis 

did you try adding that as a map image layer using the /MapServer end point? As you know that would make the draw happen on the server side and you might not run into this memory issue.

It appears to me (admitting I could be missing something) that you don't need any editing job, that makes enabling 'feature access' extension is not necessary.

wizgis
by
Occasional Contributor II

@TanuHoque Thank you for you insights adding the layer using the MapServer end point did help the performance as features started to load. 

0 Kudos