Custom Print not displaying image

Jump to solution
02-05-2024 03:13 PM
DustinEdge_Boroondara
New Contributor III

Hi Brains Trust
My custom map A4 layout is not showing my embedded logo. My Enterprise is 11.1 and these are things I've tried:
I'm publishing the tool using the "copy all data" option

• Publishing using Pro 2.9.11 (the other elements of the template come through but no logo)
  • Publishing using Pro 3.2.1 (returns an error asking for report template even though that's optional, potential bug?)
  • I tried png and jpg
  • I tried renaming the file to logo
  • I copied everything off the network and made sure there were no spaces in any of the paths
  • I tried copying the logo to Portal and then referencing it back in Pro, but Pro didn't recognise the portal url as the image
    It just keeps returning a blank white square where the logo should be and I'm running out of ideas. What am I missing?
Tags (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DustinEdge_Boroondara
New Contributor III

Update 2: I copied the project file and templates over to the server itself. Registered the folder in server manager. When I analyse the tool before publishing it still said the folder was not registered (?!?) and was going to be copied over. But somehow that worked!

And used Pro 3.1.4 

View solution in original post

12 Replies
GillesLavandier
New Contributor III

We are having the same issue in 11.1 and haven't found a fix either...

Best regards,

Gilles

0 Kudos
DustinEdge_Boroondara
New Contributor III

so I'm not alone then. That's a relief at least (but sorry you are struggling with it too)

0 Kudos
David_McRitchie
Esri Contributor

Hey Dustin

I just have a few questions on this

Has this previously worked before, perhaps on a earlier version of Enterprise?

Has the machine been fully patched?

Have you tried doing this with custom print templates that are hosted on the Enterprise machine?

Many thanks,

David

Esri UK -Technical Support Analyst
0 Kudos
DustinEdge_Boroondara
New Contributor III

Hi David

We're about rollout Enterprise to the organisation so this was our first custom print template. 

All patching is up to date.

I suppose the last thing to test now is having it on the machine itself.

0 Kudos
DustinEdge_Boroondara
New Contributor III

UPDATE: ESRI support came back with the suggestion of using a specific version of Pro.

Apparently Pro 3.1 is meant for Enterprise 11.1

I tried that but still no luck. Here's my response to them:

I also deleted the other attempts and started fresh but still no luck (see printerror jpg. When I analysed the GP tool it gave no errors but printing from Portal still failed. I checked the logs and it had this message see serverlog jpg.
Not sure why it's saying value is not a member because PDF and JGP are definitely in the list when I published it.

0 Kudos
DustinEdge_Boroondara
New Contributor III

Update 2: I copied the project file and templates over to the server itself. Registered the folder in server manager. When I analyse the tool before publishing it still said the folder was not registered (?!?) and was going to be copied over. But somehow that worked!

And used Pro 3.1.4 

ChristinaEpperson3
New Contributor II

When you say copied the project file, are you referring to the .pagx files? Because I copied those to the c drive of the server and on c drive of my local computer.  I was able to register the folder in the datastore and publish as reference registered data.  But I still cannot get logo to appear.  Am I missing another file I need to copy over to the server?

0 Kudos
DustinEdge_Boroondara
New Contributor III

so I copied the entire Pro aprx file and published it from the server. not just the pagx file. Did you also attach the result of "Get Templates Info" tool when publishing?

And to really appease the universe I even renamed the layout object for the picture to 'Logo' 🙂

0 Kudos
ChristinaEpperson3
New Contributor II

Ah, ok.  So do you have Pro installed on your server?

0 Kudos