Issue with Deploying ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Application

11-06-2023 12:59 AM
lmatteo
New Contributor III

Hello everyone,

I'm facing an issue while trying to deploy an ArcGIS Web AppBuilder application for testing purposes. Here are the software details:

• ArcGIS Enterprise: Version 10.8.1
  • Application: ArcGIS Web AppBuilder
  • User type & Role in ArcGIS Portal : Creator & Admin

I have created an ArcGIS Web AppBuilder application, and I want to test its deployment for one of our clients. To do this, I download the application from the portal using the dedicated option, which results in a zip file.

According to the documentation for adding a file to the portal, I navigate to "Content," "Add Item," "From Your Computer," and upload the previously downloaded .zip file. However, in the "Content" section, I don't see the option for "ArcGIS Web AppBuilder Application" or any other options related to applications (see attachment). Depending on the content type I select, the file gets hosted on the portal, but it doesn't appear as an application; it's just a hosted zip archive.

I'd like to mention that at one point, I tried to create a custom widget, and I encountered the same issue. I couldn't add it due to the absence of the "custom widget" option.

Any assistance on resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your help.

Best regards,

0 Kudos
5 Replies
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

Hi @lmatteo,

I'm assuming you're using Web app builder developer edition here.

The application needs to be hosted on your web server and then, if you need access to secured services within that application, needs to be registered against your ArcGIS Enterprise as an application.

This documentation should help you out:

https://developers.arcgis.com/web-appbuilder/guide/xt-deploy-app.htm

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
0 Kudos
lmatteo
New Contributor III

Thank's for your answer,
I'm using the standard version of web appbuilder from ArcGIS Portal to build my application.

0 Kudos
A_Wyn_Jones
Esri Contributor

In the web app builder editor, you should see the option to "Publish" in the bottom left.

This gives you the URL that should be shared with users to access the application.

"We've boosted the Anti-Mass Spectrometer to 105 percent. Bit of a gamble, but we need the extra resolution."
0 Kudos
lmatteo
New Contributor III

Thank you for the suggestion,

However, in this specific case, both our company and the client have a preference for having the application installed directly into their portal, rather than providing access via an external link. This is primarily to ensure tighter integration with their existing workflows and to maintain a seamless user experience within their portal environment.

0 Kudos
SimonSchütte_ct
Occasional Contributor III

Maybe ArcGIS Online Assistant (esri.com) / ArcGIS Assistant (esri-ps.com) is an option for you to copy the app and map to the portal of your client. Service urls need to be adjusted and Item IDs as well (in the item JSON).

0 Kudos