Home Page Items Open in New Tab

03-14-2024 11:31 AM
Labels (2)
phess_luckstone
New Contributor III

Hello, we just upgraded to Enterprise 11.1, one of the things our users have noticed is that on the new home page the maps and apps in the gallery open in a new tab, is there a way for them to open in the same tab?

5 Replies
ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @phess_luckstone , this is what I see when I'm using Enterprise 11.1 in Chrome 122.0.6261.129.

From the Enterprise Home page (eg server.domain/portal/home) I can press Gallery. From Gallery for ArcGIS Enterprise I see a number of Maps & Apps etc, including samples like Light Gray Canvas. Clicking on the name of that item opens it in the same Browser tab that I was already using.

Do you see something different to this ?

0 Kudos
phess_luckstone
New Contributor III

I see that behavior, I guess what I am saying is, both the gallery button and the items from the gallery on the home page open in a different tab in chrome.  The old home page on enterprise 10.8.1 opened the featured content in the same tab.  It has tripped up some of our users.

ChrisUnderwood
Esri Contributor

Hello @phess_luckstone  OK, yes I see what you mean now. The behaviour of the Home Page appears to have changed between versions 10.8 & 10.9.  There is a Legacy Home Page setting that might make your system work in the way you prefer ?

https://enterprise.arcgis.com/en/portal/latest/administer/windows/configure-home.htm#ESRI_SECTION1_C...

"If you need to revert to your legacy home page for any reason, you can do so until you upgrade to a newer version of ArcGIS Enterprise. From Organization, click Settings, click Home page, and click roll back"

0 Kudos
phess_luckstone
New Contributor III

We like using the new Home Page, and as I understand it in a future release that is going away.  Is there anyway we could submit that as an idea?  Kind of like in experience builder / hubs / sites you can select whether you want links to open in a new tab vs the same tab.

0 Kudos
Laura
by MVP Regular Contributor
MVP Regular Contributor
0 Kudos