ArcGIS Enterprise Single machine deployment

07-13-2023 02:04 PM
vijaybadugu
Occasional Contributor II

We would like to set up a new environment  using DMZ Configurations. we've already single machine base deployment, which is up and running. I would like to know suggestions on it. do we require to include web adaptors are part of the Enterprise and exclude these two from the installation as we are going to use DMZ which  forwards  the request to the ArcGIS enterprise Machine with ports open (6080 and 7080). does it require IIS to be installed without Web Adaptors ?

0 Kudos
4 Replies
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello, in the dmz server deploy the web adaptors for portal and server, this way you do not need to open any ports, the only ports that need to be open for inbound/outbound traffic is the https 443 port for the IIS webserver, you can even close http 80 port. I hope this helps.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Here is my continuous question to environment, Can I export ArcGIS Enterprise back from existing system to import in to new environment with different computer name ? I have 100 of webmaps 

Do I need to use always local account for arcgis Server service ? Can I use domain account ? which one is best practice ?

0 Kudos
MarceloMarques
Esri Regular Contributor

Use local account is the best practice, only use a domain account if need to access network resources like a network share folder that stores file geodatabases.

How To: Configure ArcGIS Enterprise to Use a Group-Managed Service Account (esri.com)

ArcGIS Server account—ArcGIS Enterprise | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

ArcGIS Enterprise Backup and Restore is a long discussion, please read the link below.

Back up and restore best practices—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

You shall also read.

Migrate to new machines—Portal for ArcGIS | Documentation for ArcGIS Enterprise

Look the other documentation topics as well, there are some very interesting topics that the administrator needs to be aware.

| Marcelo Marques | Principal Product Engineer | Esri |
| Cloud & Database Administrator | OCP - Oracle Certified Professional |
I work with Enterprise Geodatabases since 1997.
“ I do not fear computers. I fear the lack of them." Isaac Isimov
0 Kudos
vijaybadugu

Thanks. will follow links 

0 Kudos