Drone data in a big hole

Jump to solution
03-08-2021 06:38 AM
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Hi,

After processing my drone imagery, it looks like all of my data is sitting in a big hole.  Is there some setting I need to adjust so things sit properly??

BrianBulla_0-1615214272021.png

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Saw this ditty in the help

Z values are typically recorded as heights above a vertical datum or heights relative to the drone takeoff point. To edit the altitude reference of your image collection, click the edit button Edit Description next to the Geolocation information. For Z Value Type, select Flight Height if your drone reports heights relative to the takeoff point, or Altitude for heights relative to a vertical datum.

... sort of retired...

View solution in original post

4 Replies
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Saw this ditty in the help

Z values are typically recorded as heights above a vertical datum or heights relative to the drone takeoff point. To edit the altitude reference of your image collection, click the edit button Edit Description next to the Geolocation information. For Z Value Type, select Flight Height if your drone reports heights relative to the takeoff point, or Altitude for heights relative to a vertical datum.

... sort of retired...
BrianBulla
Occasional Contributor III

Great.  Thanks Dan.  Things seem to be working better.  Hopefully you can help with another question.  

After my data processed, my 'mesh' product looks amazing, but there seems to be a 'ghosted version' of it floating on top.  Do you know what might be going on here?

Sorry for all the questions.  I'm still new to Drone2Map.

BrianBulla_0-1615236554234.png

0 Kudos
DanPatterson
MVP Esteemed Contributor
0 Kudos
CodyBenkelman
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi Brian - since your post was nearly 3 years ago I'm not sure you need a response - but this was either processed without ground control (drone altitude values are known to be subject to large errors - I've seen vertical heights off by more than 200 meters) or it was processed with the wrong coordinate system (incorrect input coordinates if the GPS was RTK or PPK, or incorrect coordinate system for the control points if GCPs were used). 

This blog should be helpful for those using RTK GPS:

https://www.esri.com/arcgis-blog/products/drone2map/imagery/work-with-rtk-drone-imagery-in-arcgis-dr...

Let us know if you still need help

Cody B