LOADING DOCUMENTS, START UP, ARCMAP 10.6.1

03-15-2022 07:52 AM
Daniel_Grellet
New Contributor II

Hi!! I have problems with ArcMap 10.6.1 at start up. It Freeze when "LOADING DOCUMENT..." screen apperars. I saw other posts solving this problema, but no one could help me. I decide to reinstall de soft but still with problems. THX!!!

0 Kudos
6 Replies
SteveCole
Frequent Contributor

It could be that your normal.mxt has gone corrupt. Go to this folder on your c: drive:

C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\ESRI\Desktop10.6\ArcMap\Templates

...and rename the normal.mxt to normal.bkp or something else. Now try restarting Arcmap. The application won't find the normal.mxt so it will make a new one and then finally (hopefully) open up.

0 Kudos
Daniel_Grellet
New Contributor II

Thx Steve, but still with that problem...

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Sounds like a corrupt MXD if trying to open, give Using the MXD Doctor utility—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com) a try.

If it's just the application loading on it's own and normal.mxt or fresh install haven't worked, something funky is going on with your system, C++, .NET possibly?? (not helpful I appreciate).

0 Kudos
Daniel_Grellet
New Contributor II

Thx David!!! I have another problem. I need to improve the performance of Stored Displays. Any suggestion? I would be very grateful if you can help me.

0 Kudos
DavidPike
MVP Frequent Contributor

Did that fix your original issue?  I'm not sure what stored displays are. Perhaps Managing your local display cache—ArcMap | Documentation (arcgis.com)

0 Kudos
Daniel_Grellet
New Contributor II

The only solution was re-installing the soft. Thanks David!!!

0 Kudos