Getting a new computer - how best to migrate my license?

01-09-2023 10:41 AM
JohonnaShea1
New Contributor

I am getting a new computer and would like to streamline the license migration. Would it be best for me to uninstall all my ESRI products on my old computer first? Or can I somehow just de-license this computer before installing everything on my new one?

Oh, I have a personal license for just one computer.

Thanks, 

Johonna

1 Reply
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

For ArcMap/ CityEngine license (if installed), you may just deauthorize the licenses from your old machine. 

Please refer "Deauthorize Single Use licenses" segment in How To: Perform online deauthorization of licenses for ArcGIS for Desktop and ArcGIS Engine 

Then, authorize the licenses in your new machine. You need to keep your license keycodes handy, or create licensing file from your My Esri account.

Please refer Authorizing ArcGIS single use products and features .

In case of ArcGIS Pro, you need not worry about deauthorizing it, as the license is a Named User Type Licensing. That means you can just login to ArcGIS Pro in your new machine with your ArcGIS Online user credentials that has ArcGIS Pro access.

Note: In case you have checked the option (in ArcGIS Pro >  Settings > Licensing) to "Authorize ArcGIS Pro to work offline", you must uncheck it before working on any new machine.

Think Location