ArcGIS Pro v. 3.0.3 installation issue

01-10-2023 08:21 PM
mwindle1
New Contributor II

Today I attempted to upgrade ArcGIS Pro version 2.4 to 3.0.3 but kept running into error messages.  I downloaded a new installation file from our organization's ArcGIS Online account and ran the installation, but it pauses halfway through with the message "Error 1303. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGISPro.exe".  I checked and the "ArcGISPro.exe" file is confirmed in that directory.  Is anyone else having this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

5 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

Try uninstalling ArcGIS Pro 2.4 first. Reboot your machine. Then install the latest ArcGIS Pro.

Think Location
mwindle1
New Contributor II

Thank you for that suggestion.  I tried uninstalling the program but after a long wait and processing time I received the same message again ""Error 1303. Error reading from file C:\Program Files\ArcGIS\Pro\bin\ArcGISPro.exe".  It seems like that file is corrupt according to installation and/or uninstall processes, but I'm able to open it and view its details without any issue.  Curious if anyone else has had this issue?  

JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

If you have access to ArcGIS Pro 2.4.x setup, try repairing it. If it repairs successfully, you may go ahead with the upgrade. Else connecting with Esri Tech Support team is the best option.

Think Location
mwindle1
New Contributor II

Thank you Jayanta for those suggestions, I will try both!

RKathieMcClung
New Contributor III

@mwindle1 Did that solve the issue, suggested by Jayanta Poddar?

Curious,

RKathieMc

0 Kudos