Survey123 generated data not avaiable for dashboard

Jump to solution
05-04-2023 08:50 AM
Labels (1)
SimonCrutchley
Occasional Contributor III

I've added data collected from Survey123 as a feature layer, but when I try to use Dashboard, the layer isn't avaialable; there's a question mark icon next to it that says 'No query capability on layer'. The whole point of the dashboard I created is to monitor the findings input by the public from Survey123, so I assume that there must be a way around this, but I can't see it.

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Survey123 generates different views of the survey data for different purposes. This is to help keep your data secure when creating public surveys. You will want to use the Results view in your dashboard, as that is the layer that has query and statistics enabled (which is needed for Dashboards). 

I believe if you created your survey using the web designer, the views are automatically created. I don't use the web designer, so I may wrong. If you authored your survey using Connect, you will need to force the creation of the views. I typically do this on the Collaboration tab of Survey123. In the Share Results section, I share it to the organization and save. At this point the view is created. I then unshare the results and save again. 

In your survey folder in your content you should see a view layer titled surveyname_stakeholder or surveyname_results (depends on what version you are using). This is what you should be bringing into your Dashboard. 

- Jen

View solution in original post

3 Replies
GregKeith

How are you trying to add it? As a map or layer?

0 Kudos
SimonCrutchley

I've tried both, but ideally as a layer, as I just want to have charts etc, not the map.

0 Kudos
JenniferAcunto
Esri Regular Contributor

Survey123 generates different views of the survey data for different purposes. This is to help keep your data secure when creating public surveys. You will want to use the Results view in your dashboard, as that is the layer that has query and statistics enabled (which is needed for Dashboards). 

I believe if you created your survey using the web designer, the views are automatically created. I don't use the web designer, so I may wrong. If you authored your survey using Connect, you will need to force the creation of the views. I typically do this on the Collaboration tab of Survey123. In the Share Results section, I share it to the organization and save. At this point the view is created. I then unshare the results and save again. 

In your survey folder in your content you should see a view layer titled surveyname_stakeholder or surveyname_results (depends on what version you are using). This is what you should be bringing into your Dashboard. 

- Jen