Having problems with details not showing up with arcade content

Jump to solution
08-16-2023 09:45 AM
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

All,

I'm having problems displaying the portion of details widgets that contain Arcade content.

I have simplified the Arcade content down to "Hello, world", and it's still not showing up. As a test, I'm displaying an image and field list in addition to the Arcade content and both of those show up correctly. My Arcade content shows up correctly in the table pop-up in the underlying map. 

I saw that there was a Dashboard patch made a couple months ago. Any thoughts?

Solved: Detail elements not working when popups were creat... - Esri Community

Thanks,

Chip

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina Thanks for replying.

I actually figured it out after stumbling around for a while (and forgot to come back here and explain my error).

I was not properly typing the returned data. I had completely replaced the default contents of the Arcade code window and was doing a "raw" return of a variable called html, as in:

return html

Once I changed the return to the following, it worked great.

return {
  type : 'text',
  text : html        //this property supports html tags
}

Thanks,
   Chip

View solution in original post

5 Replies
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

@ChipMorgan65 Is your arcade popup content configured for a Table layer (rather than a feature layer)?

0 Kudos
marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina I am currently running into this problem, and yes I am configuring the pop up for a related table. I got this to work in Enterprise and was trying to recreate the dashboard in AGO, but it is not working in AGO. My arcade popup element is returning a text element. The text element shows in the Map Viewer popup, but not in the dashboard details widget. 

0 Kudos
AlixVezina
Esri Regular Contributor

Hi @marksm_macomb 

I believe this may be a known bug that the team is working to resolve. BUG-000162393

marksm_macomb
Occasional Contributor

Thank you!

0 Kudos
ChipMorgan65
Occasional Contributor

@AlixVezina Thanks for replying.

I actually figured it out after stumbling around for a while (and forgot to come back here and explain my error).

I was not properly typing the returned data. I had completely replaced the default contents of the Arcade code window and was doing a "raw" return of a variable called html, as in:

return html

Once I changed the return to the following, it worked great.

return {
  type : 'text',
  text : html        //this property supports html tags
}

Thanks,
   Chip