Grant access to private dashboard through third party application

02-03-2022 03:29 AM
Labels (1)
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Hi, 

probably this question is more general than specifically related to operations dashboard. This is my scenario:

I use operations dashboard application available in my arcgis online organization to create dashboards for different types of users. Often these dashboard are embedded (using iframe) within portals that have their own users who have nothing to do with arcgis online. When the dashboard cannot be public, because it shares sensitive infos, for example, a problem arises: the users authorized to access the hosting portal are not authorized to launch the dashboard unless they provide arcgis online credentials as a separte step. This double credential requests is not the best practice and looks weird and difficult to explain to the public. 

Is there a way to get permission to launch the dashboard programmatically? The portal that users access (which is not arcgis online) could run an internal application (for example a servlet) capable of obtaining a valid token from arcgis online in the background, but how could this token be passed to the dashboard?

0 Kudos
2 Replies
JayantaPoddar
MVP Esteemed Contributor

You could explore the option of OAuth 2.0 | Documentation | ArcGIS Developer. The required steps are also mentioned in the above site.

Think Location
0 Kudos
AlessioDiLorenzo
New Contributor III

Hi @JayantaPoddar , I looked into the OAuth 2 documentation in the developer portal, but I cannot figure out how to provide the dashboard with the token. 

0 Kudos