Filtering by Grouped Values Using a Unique ID Field

12-26-2023 12:47 PM
Labels (2)
Eric_Gibson
New Contributor

Hi there!

I am trying to figure out Arcade code for configuring an action to filter all grouped values based on two fields between two feature layers in ArcGIS Enterprise. Essentially what I mean by this is there are two layers which relate to each other based on a Unique ID field. One layer (I'll call it Feature 1) has a "status" field which I would like to group by and enable a filtering action for on the other layer (Feature 2), but it does not have this field. Worst comes to worst, we will probably just have to relate Feature 2 to our Survey123 application, so the "status" field is within Feature 2 as well, but I would prefer not to do that if possible. Is there a way to filter the layers in Feature 2 based on the "status" field in Feature 1 using the Unique IDs relationship? I should also mention both layers are sublayers. 

I noticed I could relate the filtering action to a different feature without code if the values are not grouped, but it is not possible if they are grouped (screenshot below).

Eric_Gibson_0-1703623119084.png

I hope that makes sense and let me know if I should clear anything else up! 

Thanks for your help!

Eric Gibson

0 Kudos
0 Replies