How to Export the Object Attributes

Jump to solution
12-09-2022 01:38 AM
Solairajap
New Contributor

Hi Folks,

I am trying to export the model along with the object attributes that are associated.

I can achieve this when I export it to scene layer package because it allows me to export the Attribute metadata along with my model.

But while exporting it to fbx format, I couldn't able to achieve it. I googled it and i found a thread related to my issue and I came to know  that we need to write python script. I couldn't able to understand what they are saying in that thread because I have 0 knowledge in programming (Don't know CGA  also).

Ill attach my snips, please help me with this to write a code for this or help me to export the attribute data somehow.

I am new to city engine.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Solairajap 
How-to-export object attributes is a quite common question. The community thread 
Using Python to create an object attribute from a ... - Esri Community will hopefully help you.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Solairajap 

Thank you for your question. FBX does not support object attributes. Therefore, you need to write out the object attributes to a separate file. Tutorial 12 describes shows how to use CGA report variables in combination with the Python-based exporter. It also works for Object attributes.

Tutorial 12: Scripted report export—ArcGIS CityEngine Resources | Documentation

0 Kudos
Solairajap
New Contributor

Hi Thomas ,

Thanks for the reply.I went through this thread already.Its little hard for me to break it down. Can you please give me example script exporting the object attributes. So i can follow it up.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
ThomasFuchs
Esri Regular Contributor

Hello @Solairajap 
How-to-export object attributes is a quite common question. The community thread 
Using Python to create an object attribute from a ... - Esri Community will hopefully help you.

0 Kudos