Update Infographics in a Dashboard

Jump to solution
02-03-2023 12:18 PM
Labels (1)
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

I am creating an ArcGIS Dashboard for one site with multiple infographics using the Business Analyst Web App. 

If I make a change to the infographic template after the dashboard has been created is there a way to update the infographics in the dashboard to reflect the changes to the template without having to create an entirely new dashboard?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

Hello and thank you for the great question!

Infographics can only be created and edited in Business Analyst. Therefore, once you have shared the infographic in a dashboard, if you make edits to that infographic in Business Analyst, you will need to create a new dashboard and add the edited version of the infographic.

Best Regards,

Donna

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

Hello and thank you for the great question!

Infographics can only be created and edited in Business Analyst. Therefore, once you have shared the infographic in a dashboard, if you make edits to that infographic in Business Analyst, you will need to create a new dashboard and add the edited version of the infographic.

Best Regards,

Donna

0 Kudos
ArielLow2146
Occasional Contributor II

Thank you! It would be great if there was a way to update the infographics in a dashboard generated by Business Analyst. Having the dashboard url change can be problematic if it had already been shared.

0 Kudos
DonnaBuhr
Esri Contributor

Thank you Ariel for the helpful feedback.  Based on your comments and of other participants, we will be analyzing and exploring possibilities of how we may be able to improve the process. 

We truly value and appreciate the information you have provided!

Best Regards,

Donna

0 Kudos
RobinDiSalvo1
Occasional Contributor

I totally agree.  It takes so long to create a dashboard and to have to update it each month by recreating it again takes  a lot of time.  Hope they find a way to make updating dashboards easier.

0 Kudos