Suggested enhancements to the Color Coded Layer tool (sample size and display range filtering)

08-28-2022 11:16 PM
SanaeIshibashi1
New Contributor II

I submit two ideas for enhancing the Color Coded Layer tool.

1. Maximum sample size

Is it possible to set the "Maximum samples size" for the output layer of the color coded layer at the time the tool is executed?

The maximum samples size for a layer created with the Color Code Layer tool is "10000" by default. When the number of records in the output layer exceeds 10000, some features cannot be drawn as shown in the following capture.

Although this behavior can be resolved by users changing the settings themselves, I believe that it would reduce the complexity of the operation if it could be controlled at the time of tool running.

↓ Output layer when the maximum samples size is 10000 (Created with Japanese local data.)

SanaeIshibashi1_1-1661751036824.png

↓ If the setting is changed so that the maximum sample size exceeds the number of records in the output layer

SanaeIshibashi1_2-1661751046473.png

2. Display range filtering

In the Business Analyst Web App's Color-coded layer tool, user can choose the display range of the output layer from either of the following.

• The current map display range
  • Any site polygons added to the map

I thought it would be more useful if the Business Analyst Pro tool had a parameter to set the display range in the same way.

Thank you,

Sanae