Terrain and Obstacle Profile

11-15-2022 11:46 AM
Labels (2)
Marcus-XavierBoivin
New Contributor II

Hello everyone,

I have a problem when generating my chart with ArcGIS 3.0. 

After having the PROFILJSON and OBSTACLJSON , and when using the terrain and obstacle profile the generated profile is not accurate , and with no obstacles shown.

Thank you if you can help me. the picture shows more informations.

0 Kudos
1 Reply
DavidWickliffe
Esri Contributor

I am not sure what is going on based on the picture.  It seems like there is a big difference between the runway height and the terrain and obstacles.  Maybe the OIS are too low in comparison to the runway and are off the grid?   Is this runway the same one used to generate the OIS approach surfaces?  Another thought, did you do something to change the vertical extent of the grid on the Terrain and Obstacle Profile element?

see step 5 in the TOP help...  Optionally, check the Auto Vertical Grid Extent check box to automatically set the grid's vertical extent to conform to the extent of the terrain and OIS layers.

Try that and if no difference.. make sure that the PROFILJSON and OBSTACLJSON  fields are populated.  I think they need to be for the TOP element to even show up, but see what kind of data they contain.

https://pro.arcgis.com/en/pro-app/latest/help/production/aviation/modify-options-for-terrain-and-obs...

0 Kudos