Fatal Error on Add Layers function

12-12-2018 12:10 PM
JasonVignochi2
New Contributor II

Hi,

I keep running into this issue where I am unable to open my properties dialogue box after running a script I wrote to expedite a KMZ creation task I have. The real crux of this issue is that the script performs without error. I can see the new layers I want to create in the TOC, I can see that the data I want loaded into those layers is present (I am able to open the attribute table still), and I can see it displayed correctly in the map data frame. I can also see the KMZ I wanted in the target folder I designated (all data is present and working just as it should).

I am able to interact with the new layer in almost every way, but I cannot open the properties dialogue without receiving a fatal error and ArcMap closing down.

Attached is a screenshot of my main() function where I think the "error" is occurring. I have only been coding python for a few months so input is welcome on -how- I am doing this as well (the inability for arcpy to create empty group layers required this workaround).

Version: ArcMap 10.6.1

Python: 2.7

0 Kudos
0 Replies