HOW?

04-27-2023 07:41 AM
LydiaCarey
New Contributor III

Hello,

Im very confused as to how to get to this point.3d assets3d assets

I have a FARO 3d scanner and have done everything to create a point cloud project. I now have a las dataset and I can not figure out how to use it in esri.

1. I cant geocode my las dataset. When I bring it into Arcpro its in the middle of the ocean and very small. iv tried using define projection, las2las (project), las2las (transform). 

2. How do I colorize my las dataset. since it came from a faro scan it also took pictures to colorize it in SCENE but is it also possible to duplicate that in an esri platform. Iv tried colorize las. 

0 Kudos
1 Reply
moawiakhadish1983
New Contributor

you have  to do define coordinate system when you are extracting your las data, for your data you can georeference using cloud cloudcompare software if you have some control points.

for the 2. question if your las data have RGB color it has to be shown directly in ArcGIS pro , if not you have to control your scanner setting while capturing or extracting las data to use RGB color from images that captured while scanning.in ArcGIS pro you can using symbology to color your las data according to classification ,elevation ,intensity ....etc

0 Kudos