What widget do you want most

08-05-2014 05:45 AM
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

I have been working on a few custom widgets for the Web App Builder, but I would like some input as to what widget/functionality people are wanting most.

The WAB has several great OTB widgets but what (realistic) widgets are missing and would be (in your opinion) great to have?

221 Replies
StanMcShinsky
Occasional Contributor III

Santa Clara County Planning Office ,

For item #3: Zoom tool. You can hold down shift and drag a box on the map to zoom in and ctrl + shift and drag a box pon the map to zoom out. I personally really like the scrolling zoom (mouse) and pinch to zoom (mobile).

-Stan

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

Santa Clara County Planning Office

I just shared a new tool to zoom in and out via a widget tool. It is not 100% perfect but it may help get you along to where you need to be.

Zoom In/Out Widget v1.0.1

-Stan

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Santa Clara County Planning Office,

Your #2 comment. Your not talking about this app are you?...

http://www.arcgis.com/apps/Solutions/s2.html?app=apps2/Finder

0 Kudos
StanMcShinsky

Robert Scheitlin, GISP​,

I like the Finder app option you mentioned as an option but maybe the new Search tool Search multiple sources | ArcGIS API for JavaScript  is a better option to make into a widget. One reason I really like either of these options is so I do not have to have a locator that I would need to build on a regular basis and add it to the geocoder widget. Both of these options look at live data.

-Stan

0 Kudos
GregBazhaw
New Contributor III

Hello Robert,

Yes, this Find widget, which we’ve used in the Finder App is simple for our users. The Query widget in Web Appbuilder, while very useful for certain cases, requires the user to click several times and other nuances (at least as far as I can get it to work). This solution is more simple for our users and we would like to use a widget like this in our Web Appbuilder application. We are not programmers.

Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
BenGrod

Robert, thank you for all your development, feedback, and contributions to GeoNet community. I would like to second the suggestions by @Ronald McFarlane and @Thomas Colson for an Create Point by X/Y Location. Seems like it should be an out of the box widget by Esri by none the less it is not available (yet). Thank you kindly and I hope you see the need and have the time to develop it.

1. Create/Plot Point by Coordinate Location

StanMcShinsky

Ben,

Here is a list of widgets out there ​developed by the community.

https://community.esri.com/blogs/myAlaskaGIS/2015/02/20/web-appbuilder-developer-edition-customizati...

There is a section for Location widgets. Look there and see if that fits your needs. If you need something else you might want to just request the enhancement on the Location widget geonet page.

-Stan

RyanFortier
New Contributor III

Yes, this is something I am hoping for as well. My co-worker and I are developing an application which requires users to add points to the map at a precise location.

0 Kudos
BenGrod

Ryan, see this link for a Coordinate Location Widget developed by Thomas Colson This is a great widget and should do the trick, it's working perfectly for us. Thank you Tim, Thomas, and Stan!

0 Kudos
KevinHatch
New Contributor III

Is there a list widget available?  Similar to the list widget available in the operations dashboard? 

0 Kudos