"Wrong" list of available layers in toggle layers widget

05-18-2017 02:36 AM
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

It is a bit hard to find a meaningful title for my question. Let me try to explain what I just experienced: 

I am working with WAB 2.4 and duplicated an app to keep the old one while testing some changes in the new version. In the new version I am using a different WebMap with a reduced number of layers. Still, when I use for example the Toggle Layer Widget, I get the full list of layers from the original WebMap. How can that be? Is the list of layers somewhere stored in the app? (I didn't find another widget yet where the list of available layers are show. And I didn't use the Toggle Layer Widget in the old version of the app.)

Thanks in advance for your hints!

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Nicole,

In the Toggle Layer widget I use the WAB core Layer Infos classes. Those same classes are used in the LayerList widget as well so you can test that widget. I have never seen this issue so I am not sure what to tell you.

0 Kudos
Nicole_Ueberschär
Esri Regular Contributor

Thank you Robert for your prompt feedback!

I am also using the LayerList widget but it didn't seem like showing those layers there. 

I realized that I didn't "upgrade" my app from a previous WAB version to the current one, so that might have been also causing troubles (also had problems with the splash screen widget...). Since I upgraded properly it seems to be fine. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

OK, good news.

0 Kudos