Edit a feature service from the Local Layer Widget

Jump to solution
12-17-2015 09:24 AM
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Can I use the Edit widget in WAB 1.2 (or 1.3) to edit the points in a feature service that is included in the Local Layer widget? When I try to configure the Edit widget it says "No editable feature layers are available".

The Local Layer widget appears to work fine as the features show in the map and the layers show up in the Layer List, Legend and Attribute Table. Do I need to add some code to the Edit widget's config.js to get it to recognize the editable feature layer from the Local Layer widget?

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karin,

When I added my editable FeatureService in the LL widget as a FeatureLayer it appeared just fine in the Edit Widget and works great. Big thing to remember is as the FeatureService url and not the MapService url to the Add Feature Layer Dialog in the LL widget.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Karin,

When I added my editable FeatureService in the LL widget as a FeatureLayer it appeared just fine in the Edit Widget and works great. Big thing to remember is as the FeatureService url and not the MapService url to the Add Feature Layer Dialog in the LL widget.

0 Kudos
by Anonymous User
Not applicable

Good to hear that it works for you! Not sure what the issue is on my end but I will try again, maybe with a clean WAB install. I do have the correct feature service URL format:

http://xxx.com/arcgis/rest/services/test/Sites/FeatureServer/0

Thanks for verifying the functionality.

0 Kudos