Select to view content in your preferred language

Widget failed to appear in WAB

11-22-2018 08:06 AM
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

I downloaded some widgets from this group, extract and place it in the widget folder of the WAB but it failed to show for me to add in my app. Are my still missing something that i need to do for it to show, than what i have done so far?

0 Kudos
7 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Can you tell me which widget? Some widgets have different steps for deploying.

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Esearch widget, Elevation Widget, Measure Widget. I tried all one and because it failed to deploy, i move to the second and third and it was the same result.

0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

What steps for deploying widgets for instance Elevation widgets can i use, and how is it different from Esearch Widget. thanks

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

So the steps for installing each of those widget are the same basic steps.

1. Download the widget from GeoNet and extract it from it's zipped folder.
  2. Copy the ElevationProfile folder to your WAB Developer editions client\stemapp\widget folder (i.e. C:\web-appbuilder-2.9\client\stemapp\widgets\ElevationProfile)
  3. Re-start WAB dev if you already had it opened.
  4. Open the app you wish to add this widget to or create a new one.
  5. Switch to the widgets tab and in the choose widgets window you will find the "Elevation Profile" widget listed.
0 Kudos
AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

That was the same step i performed but copied the ElevationProfile folder to WAB Developer editions client\stemapp3d\widget folder. Because I am working on 3D webapp.

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

A widget has to be built specifically for 3D for it work in 3D apps. None of the widget you listed are 3D compatible.

AyokunleAdebisi
New Contributor III

Thanks...so i have to build my 3D widget on my own.

0 Kudos