Tracing the source of calls to a service?

Jump to solution
08-23-2017 07:00 AM
AmyRoust
Occasional Contributor III

Last week, I discovered that I had an issue with my custom printing service, so I reverted my maps to the ArcGIS default service and stopped the custom print service. I was only using the custom printing service in one web app (or so I thought), but now I'm getting constant warning messages in my Server log file:

My question: is there any way to start with a service and trace the source of the calls to it? I've checked, rechecked, and triple checked every web app that I have and cannot find anything referring to the custom print service.

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GISSupport3

We had the same issue and 'resolved' it by deleting:

arcgisserver\directories\arcgisjobs\<service name>

ArcGIS 10.5.1

View solution in original post

3 Replies
AmyRoust

Good news: I finally found the rogue application and got it fixed. I'm still curious to know if there is a way to trace the source of calls to services. That would be a handy piece of information to have.

0 Kudos
GISSupport3

We had the same issue and 'resolved' it by deleting:

arcgisserver\directories\arcgisjobs\<service name>

ArcGIS 10.5.1

AmyRoust

Anyone know of a similar resolution for a regular web service that has been removed, but still gets "ghost" calls that are showing up as errors in the log file? I moved a cached mapping service with old aerial imagery from our local server to ArcGIS Online and something is still pinging that service.

0 Kudos