Smart Editor Widget - No Snapping on Edit Geometry

Jump to solution
02-10-2017 05:28 AM
DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

In the smart editor widget (web appbuilder - non dev edition), if you hold the control key down, it enables snapping when you create a new feature.  However, when you simply want to edit an existing feature to move it to a new location, after hitting the "edit geometry" button, when you move your item, holding the control key does not seem to enable snapping, like it did for a new feature.

Does anyone know how to enable snapping on edit geometry?  I don't see any mention of it in the help menu.

Thanks

Dan

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

This is a JS API bug and WAB will have this issue untill the API fixes it and the next release of WAB after the fix is released.

BUG id is 000102090.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Dan,

This is a JS API bug and WAB will have this issue untill the API fixes it and the next release of WAB after the fix is released.

BUG id is 000102090.

0 Kudos
TimPoe3
New Contributor II

I have noticed that when using the snapping feature, the lines, points, etc. are visually snapped on the web map, but not Actually snapped when looking at the data in arcmap.   The web map data is digitized with snapping at 1:282.  Any thoughts?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Tim,

I have not seen that. You should report that to esri tech support.

TimPoe3
New Contributor II

Many thanks Robert.  Knowing the expected behavior helped me troubleshoot.  It appears the tool didn't work well in this instance with re-projection on the fly.  Changed all layers to Web Mercator (WKID: 3857) and all works as expected.  Again many thanks!

DanAllen
Occasional Contributor III

Thanks Robert.

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Any updates on when this will be fixed?

0 Kudos
TimPoe3
New Contributor II

Thomas,

https://developers.arcgis.com/javascript/3/jshelp/new_v320.html  states that bug was fixed in this flavor of the API.  If you are working in 3.20 or better perhaps a new version of Chrome, a cache cleansing, etc, may help?

*Edit* One caveat is that one would think ESRI would be using the latest or at least a post 3.20 build of the API in Web App Builder and these widgets but that may not be the case.

Best,

Tim

0 Kudos
ThomasColson
MVP Frequent Contributor

Portal 10.6.1, canned WAB, which I understand is 1 version behind things, so does that mean we won't see the fix till 10.7.1?

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Portal 10.6.12 is using JS API 3.24 and WAB 2.8

About release versions—Portal for ArcGIS | ArcGIS Enterprise