Out of the box Add Data Widget

Jump to solution
09-07-2016 02:30 AM
FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi,

I have edited an app using the Web AppBuilder Developer Edition and have made it accessible to staff via our internal server. I have since added it to our new Portal Website. The app includes the new add data widget which comes with the new upgrade of ArcGIS online.

My question is, is there a way to link the add data widget to feature services that I upload to portal? I want staff to be able to just add a select group of map services that are available within our portal site.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
ShawnBowers
New Contributor III

As long as you have created your application in WAB while pointing it to your Portal the "Add Data" widget will do just that.  You will have to share all of the layers in Portal with "Everyone" if your application does not require users to log in to Portal.  Since your Portal is behind the firewall sharing with everyone does not make them accessible to the public.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
ShawnBowers
New Contributor III

As long as you have created your application in WAB while pointing it to your Portal the "Add Data" widget will do just that.  You will have to share all of the layers in Portal with "Everyone" if your application does not require users to log in to Portal.  Since your Portal is behind the firewall sharing with everyone does not make them accessible to the public.

FinbarGillen
Occasional Contributor

Hi Shawn, thanks for your help. I pointed WAB 2.1 to Portal but for some reason the browser will not open the WAB interface, the browser just appears blank. I thought this may be down to an issue that Portal would not read the latest version of WAB as it is a couple of versions behind ArcGIS Online.

I then downloaded a fresh version of WAB 1.3 and pointed it towards Portal but the same thing is happening. Any ideas why WAB Dev Ed is not opneing when I point it to Portal?

Finbar

0 Kudos
ShawnBowers
New Contributor III

It could be a certificate issue on your Portal.  Since WAB and Portal require a https connection try going to your Portal address with https.  I've seen it where someone had to visit Portal once and add the certificate exception into their browser, clear their cache and then reload WAB.

The other possibility is your App ID.  When you pointed WAB to your Portal I'm assuming you got the green check mark and then you put in your App ID in the next box.  This App ID should be created in Portal with the same url that you are using to access WAB.