Looking for evidence of an existing custom widget / script that matches specific functionality

02-28-2019 11:22 AM
CarterGrimm
Esri Contributor

I am a Support Analyst and one of my users is looking for a specific functionality in Web AppBuilder.  I am fairly certain this functionality does not exist in any of the out-of-the-box widgets, though I am hoping there is a custom widget / python script out there that matches the desired functionality of the user:

The user has a publicly accessible Web Application created via Web AppBuilder.  They are currently using the Smart Editor widget to allow end-users to append information to the App.  What they are looking for is a notification to be sent to management via email with the appended information included as soon as the end-user makes an edit.

I have searched on GeoNet and GitHub but have yet to find evidence of a custom widget with similar functionality existing.  If anybody has any ideas or can point me in the right direction, that would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Carter

0 Kudos
1 Reply
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Carter,

This sounds like something that is more suited for an SOI or SOE.

http://proceedings.esri.com/library/userconf/proc17/tech-workshops/tw_665-489.pdf 

Clientside technology does not have the ability to email.