Select to view content in your preferred language

Identify Widget - doesn't work

04-05-2016 07:00 AM
Labels (1)
LianaSmith
Frequent Contributor

I added Robert's custom Identify widget. When I am trying to open and configure widget at my Web App Builder Developer Edition I get the window with loading screen. How can I fix it?? Thanks!

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

0 Kudos
11 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Ron,

When you upgrade your app you need to upgrade to the corresponding version of the widget as well. Because you are using 1.3.x or 1.2.x version of the widget in WAB 2.0, that is the reason you are having issues. In WAB 2.0 the LayerFieldChooser.js was removed from the jimu library and is now included in the Identify widgets folders and the code was updated to point to the new location. The fact that the Identify widget in your app is still looking for the LayerFieldChooser.js in the old location tells me that you are using a older version of the Identify widget in WAB 2.0. In the future if you maintain equal major release numbers in WAB and the widget you will not have issues like this.

0 Kudos
RonHire
Deactivated User

Robert

Thanks for the quick response and insight. I’m busted. I am using an older version of the widget. Since I had made changes to the Identify widget for our use and I was trying to not have to apply those changes to each new release of the widget. I see now that I will have to keep in sync.

0 Kudos