eSearch Widget - results pane question

Jump to solution
09-24-2019 11:48 AM
JeremyDew
New Contributor III

Robert Scheitlin, GISP

When multiple features are returned for a searched layer is there a way to "highlight" only the feature on the map that you hover over in the results pane. I am using the Popup Panel widget in my app and not the default popup, so when a user hovers over a feature in the results pane they do not know which feature on the map they are hovering over. I am using eSearch version 2.12.

Thank you,

Jeremy

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

I liked this idea, so the new 2.13 version of eSearch now has the hover highlight ability and it is configurable in the widgets settings.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731-enhanced-search-widget-version-213-092519 

View solution in original post

10 Replies
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

So there is currently no result list hover events in the eSearch so those have to be added and that requires the editing of two files. Attached you will find the updated 2 files.

0 Kudos
JeremyDew
New Contributor III

Robert,

This is just what I was hoping for. My only issue now is that since I have the Popup Panel widget set to open on app start, the popup also shows up when I hover over a feature in the results pane. If there is no easy way around that, I will just change that Popup Panel setting. Really appreciate your help. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

Are you saying that the popup shows on the map and in the popup panel widget?..

0 Kudos
JeremyDew
New Contributor III

Only in the Popup Panel widget

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

OK. Now I am really confused. Is that not what you were wanting? That's what I thought you were after. Hover over the list and the result geometry is highlighted and the popup panel shows the info.

0 Kudos
JeremyDew
New Contributor III

My apologies, I see now why you would be confused. I mistakenly thought I had seen that the popup shows when hovering over a feature in the results pane. So my only point in mentioning that I am using the Popup Panel widget versus the default popup was because the default popup shows directly on the feature (allowing the user to see where that result is on the map) whereas the Popup Panel widget does not. Basically I was trying to justify the need for my request. 

At the end of the day, I am simply looking for the hovered over result feature to be highlighted on the map only. Sorry for all the confusion. 

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

At the end of the day, I am simply looking for the hovered over result feature to be highlighted on the map only

OK. that is what has me confused still though. In my testing the feature is highlighted by the popup's highlight functionality. So are you saying that you do not want the search result data to appear in the popup panel widget but you do want the feature highlighted on the map?

0 Kudos
JeremyDew
New Contributor III

Yes that is correct

0 Kudos
RobertScheitlin__GISP
MVP Emeritus

Jeremy,

I liked this idea, so the new 2.13 version of eSearch now has the hover highlight ability and it is configurable in the widgets settings.

https://community.esri.com/docs/DOC-1731-enhanced-search-widget-version-213-092519