Custom Print Service for Print WAB Widget Creates Duplicate Labels when Printing

05-01-2019 03:55 PM
Labels (1)
SarahWright
New Contributor

Hi, I have created a portal WAB application that is using a web map, the data is a map service. I am using a custom print service in the print widget to use custom print templates. Both the map service and print service are from the same MXD.

When I generate a print pdf or image file the result has duplicate labels. I think both the map service and print service are creating labels when I create them.

I have tried variations of republishing and recreating the print service to try to resolve this. 

1. map service/print service have labels on = duplicate labels

2. map service labels on print service labels off = duplicate labels

3. map service labels off print service off = non duplicate labels (labels not visible in application but are in print generated)

4. map service labels on turn off in application then generate print - non duplicates in print

The last example works I suppose as a work around but the goal is to have a public facing map maker application with custom templates so customers can generate their own maps that print out with county logo and other elements in template. It will be hard to try to explain to the public to turn off labels before printing to not have duplicate labels. Custom template will also be used in internal application that is supposed to minimize workflow.

I don't understand why the print service is generating labels and putting them in the print result. I can't find any documentation that says creating a print service does this.

Anyone have similar issues? Print bugs seem to be common.. any thoughts?

PDF1 - data labels turned on = duplicates - look like halos

PDF2 - data labels off = non duplicates - some still are, I am not able to turn all labels off

PDF3 - data labels turned on = duplicates - look like halos (another example)

PDF4 - data labels off = non duplicates - some still are, I am not able to turn all labels off

0 Kudos
0 Replies